Canvas print tips – getting a professional finish
With so much variation in the quality of printed artwork for sale, we thought it was time to offer some canvas print tips to guarantee that you experience a ‘WOW!’ moment when you unwrap your package from us.
The feedback we get from customers who’ve never seen a professional canvas print before gives us a warm feeling inside, so let’s get you on the path to complete canvas satisfaction!
Choosing the best image for a canvas print
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: your canvas print will only be as good as the image you send us.
Yes, we will do everything we can to correct the images you upload to us, but if you take a high-quality image to begin with, it makes a professional finish much easier to achieve. So before you choose your picture for printing onto canvas, make sure:
- It’s in focus – even though it might be a picture that means something to you, if it’s out of focus the final print will be a bit disappointing.
- It’s properly exposed – most laptop and PC screens are brighter than a print, so make sure the picture is exposed properly and a little bit brighter than you think it needs to be.
- The colours are correct – if you’re serious about getting the best finish it pays to calibrate your screen for print, but this requires an investment in a specialised device and software. Instead, you can ask us to check the final colours for you to make sure that nobody has a funny tinge to their skin!
- Your image is interesting! – it should go without saying, but a perfectly framed and composed image is far more likely to look professional than one that has half of the subject’s head cut off.
- It’s big enough – image quality is everything when it comes to a great final result, so don’t be afraid to send us a big file. The better the resolution of your image, the better your canvas print will look.
If you’ve followed these canvas print tips and sent us a great quality image, you’ve fulfilled your side of the bargain – the rest is down to us!
Our high quality canvas prints
We’re absolutely sure that you’ll be blown away by the quality of the prints you receive from us because we’re dedicated to using the best printers, artist quality canvas and Epson inks, but that’s not all. We also build all our own frames from solid pine and check every print personally to ensure that when you unwrap yours, you’ll immediately see the difference compared to many similar products.
So, as you can see, when you combine these professional canvas print tips with a team dedicated to delivering excellence, every canvas print can give endless ‘WOW’ moments!