Framed coastal wall art from your own photos
There’s nothing more perfect as home décor than photographs you’ve taken yourself – let’s look at how to make framed coastal wall art from your very own snaps.
Memories of places you’ve seen on your travels will provide you with that nostalgic feeling whenever you see them in your home – and of course they’d make great personalised gifts too…
What makes a great coastline photo?
Here are a few tips which make taking a great photo a (sea) breeze.
● Include subjects in your foreground to create interesting shots
● Experiment with a slow shutter speed to show movement in the water
● Take photographs of cliffs from higher ground
● Make sure to use a tripod to keep the camera level and steady
● Set your camera to shoot in RAW, which allows you more scope to edit in post-production
● Shoot during golden hours for gorgeous shots
● Study up on the rule of thirds before you compose your shot
Making your image print-ready
After your shoot you should have plenty of images to choose from. Here are the steps you need to take to prepare your coastal wall art photos before sending them off to print.
Choose your snaps
Spend some time choosing your favourite photos – between five or ten at first. Look at these in great detail and then choose your top three for editing.
Open and edit each photo one at a time until you are happy with your finished snaps; you’ll want to play with these easy-to-use tools to get the effect you want:
● White balance
● Adjust saturation and contrast to your taste
● Play with the hue for creative effects
There are heaps more settings to play with, so get stuck in!
Now you’ve got three snaps edited, saved as JPEG or PNG files and all ready to send off. Choose your favourite one and decide how you want to present it:
● Framed coastal wall art - a classic choice; you can choose a frame to match current decor
● A canvas piece – a good choice for homes with a modern aesthetic
● A box framed canvas – for an exciting and unique display choice
● Posters - great for large spaces
Once you’ve made your creative choices, pop a copy over to us and we’ll start crafting your gorgeous coastal wall art piece and get it over to you in no time.
Tags wall art prints, home decor, personalised gifts, custom gifts, wall photo prints, picture frame, poster print, canvas print, collage print, framed print, custom frame, canvas photo print, wall print
31 October, 2022
In our last post we provided you with a selection of the best photography holiday destinations to inspire your next adventure. So if you’ve picked a destination and you’re ready to (or already) booked, here are our tips for planning your photograp..
It’s really common to make landscape photography mistakes, especially when you’re just starting out. We’re here to help you learn from the mistakes we’ve made, so you can ensure that your landscape photography journey gets off to a great start...